Sunday, September 18, 2005

Berry, Berry, Berry Tasty

Here are the fruits of our labor. We continue to harvest nature's bounty and happily consume it. The catch of the day this time was blueberries, cranberries (technically lingon berries I think) and blackberries (possibly cloud berries?). We made 6 jars of Dawson's Tundra Berry Jam, 2 jars of berry ice cream topping, 2 loads of blueberry buttermilk pancakes, 2 batches of blueberry muffins and 1 blueberry pie. Did I mention we are buying a treadmill this week? Dawson's worried about fitting through the door come December. The picture of me is where we were picking the blueberries, right off the boardwalk in the middle of town. We went behind the hospital to pick the cranberries. It was Dawson's first jam making experience, and he did it all by himself. It brought enough satisfaction to have jam making dreams that evening. (I was having weird dreams about accidentally insulting dog sized cows that were actually oompa loompa like people with large hooved feet. I wasn't sleeping well. But after the jam production, I had nice dreams of making jam with my brother. It all makes Perfect Sense. DW)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home