Happy Weddings!
On the wedding front, a lot of congratulations are in order - it was a big week for news about lifetimes of holy matrimony. First, CONGRATULATIONS to Jen Curtis and Chris Thoman, who today are getting married in Klamath Falls, Oregon. YAHOO as Jen would say. But louder than you probably just read it. YAHOOOOOO! You'd be hard pressed to hang out with Jen and not pee your pants laughing, as her fun and funny approach to life is highly contagious. And Chris is a solid super cool world adventurer. They are a great couple. I'm sure the wedding will be excellent, and we wish we could be there to help celebrate. If our baby growing schedule had been slightly different, we definitely would be there.
And congrats to Jake and Megan. Jake proposed to Megan this week. We're super pumped for them, but we are a little concerned that they might be rushing into things. I mean, they've only been dating for twelve years. Seriously though, HOORAY for Jake and Megan! They plan on having an excellent ceremony in Port Orford, Oregon, featuring roasted poached deer as an entree. Mmmmm. It doesn't get much better than that. I look forward to being a bad influence on their rugrats, and I hope to see the Jake and Megan rugrats brewing soon! Unfortunately, somehow we only have one picture of these guys on our computer, but I think this sumo shot of Jake from the SLC days makes up for it. Yeah, that's how he used to dress when he was just hanging around the apartment back in the winter of 97-98.
And last but not least, congrats again to Lewis and Tarifa. They've already announced, but now it is super official with a date and everything. The ceremony will be held in lovely Los Olivos, California on August 11, and it's bound to be awesome! I think I'm seeing the world through my own lens, because what I mostly think about when I hear about marriages is what the rugrats will be like. I'm pretty sure Lewis and Tarifa's kids will be super geniuses with excellent fashion sense. Tarifa's not in these pictures, but I think she took them, so that counts. Here's Lewis in a boat in France, and with a parasol:
And finally, in other excellent news, we may be getting our first Bethel visitor! (not counting relatives who have moved to Alaska, which are in a whole separate category) Kevin Burke is heading up in a couple of weeks for a mini vacation. I'm thinking we'll hike from Toksook Bay to Tununak. Incidentally, Tununak is one of the villages here in the Alaskan bush that Chavez is giving oil to. Say what you will about the man, he's an entertaining speaker, and he directly shares the massive oil wealth of his country with the poor folks in our country.
And finally finally, HAPPY EQUINOX! (Even though Genevieve doesn't believe that there really is an equinox. She puts it in the same category as Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. She scoffs at the idea of the same 12 hour day occurring all over the planet. Yeah right, she says.)









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home