Random Thoughts
Being a real lawyer is interesting. Actual knowledge of law and its application to the facts seems to be only a small part of the equation. Stress management and multi-tasking are huge.
In addition to my own case load, I spent the week covering for one attorney who is out, awaiting the results of his MPRE. He's in charge of drug and alcohol cases. It's ironic that just as I found myself presenting drug cases to the grand jury and prosecuting marijuana laws, Half Baked and Super Troopers showed up in my mailbox, courtesy of Netflix queue set up months ago. By Wednesday, I had 9 cases set for trial, five scheduled to begin this Monday and four the next Monday. Plus an evidentiary hearing. I won't lie, I did have a stress level, and I did spend some excessive hours at the office. But by Friday afternoon, most of the cases resolved. People pled out on reduced charges. Now, just a few cases remain, and it will be fun to try them.
Wow, in searching for a link for Super Troopers, I just learned that rottentomatoes.com puts the first 8-10 minutes of movies on line. Awesome. Especially for those of us out here in the boonies. If you need a couple of laughs, Super Troopers was definitely funnier than I remember. Here's the beginning.
Congratulations to our friend Nate Wilhite, who has recently left Dallas for a big relocation to our nation's capital. He's got a few large mountains under his belt and tons of world traveling, and I hope to get him up here some day for an assault on Denali.
In other big work related moves, fellow ski-bum Jake Neal is currently in Korea, cleaning up military bases, eating dogs, and on his days off searching for the elusive and little known Korean surf scene. Good luck!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home