Garage Sales and The FUN Run!
Well, a typical Saturday in good old Bethel. Saturday mornings are the best times for yard sales. This is a term I use quite liberally, as I haven't seen one take place in a yard yet. It was a little difficult for us to figure out at first, but now we have the system down. I can get a list of some addresses through my work e-mail address or you can also look on the bulletin boards at the grocery stores. If neither of these options work, there is a lady named Susan who knows where they are. Then you drive around looking for the address, which is usually hard to find since street labeling isn't big around here. There is usually no sign on the house or anything else indicating that it is the place for the sale. You learn to just be bold and knock on the door, inquiring if there is a garage sale. Of course, last week I accidently had the addresses for the week before and we boldly went to a house which definitely was not having a yard sale! But usually there is stuff spread out throughout the house and just about anything is for sale. A couple of weeks ago, I cleaned out a lady's cupboards and got lots of spices for 50 cents each. Sometimes even the house is for sale if the people are getting out of dodge. The picture is Dawson next to our first sale for the morning. Can't you tell it's a garage sale? The ones lately haven't been too good...I think it's the end of the season and it's just stuff people don't want cluttering their house for the winter. Today, the Diabetes Prevention team and the Physical Therapy department of the hospital teamed up to sponser a Fun Run. Lying in bed this morning and listening to the
wind and rain, I was sure that the event would probably be off for this morning. But we stopped by anyway, and saw a hearty group of runners getting ready to take off! So I thought, hey, I better keep up with the Bethel Go Get It spirit and joined them in a trek through the mud puddles. It was a 10K route that took us down to the river which was at high tide and due to the rain swell, was over the banks. We had to take a little detour through the tundra and ended up trudging through puddles up to our knees. We re-named it the Bethel Mud Run. But it was fun too. And I got a cool T-shirt to strut my stuff around town. Plus I finished strong at 40:10.



1 Comments:
Hey guys,
Awesome job on the blog. It seems like Bethel really is special, hardcore!
Just one tip, go into your profile and turn on your archives so that people can easily scroll through your old posts.
Post a Comment
<< Home