Sunday, June 25, 2006

Future Adventures: Mt. Shasta

Since we are without camera, we must resort to pilfering the interweb for cool pictures of adventures that haven't actually happened yet.  That's not to say we aren't still wandering through the YK's muddy waters, dodging mosquitoes and hunting salmons.  But we just can't document it.


                 Aerial photo of Mt. Shasta and Shastina from about 30000 ft.

So... in about four weeks, I'll be standing on top of this, with members of team testosterone.  Actually, our technical name is Team Fellowship of the Mountain King, given to us by our incident commander (IC) Jackson Baures.  Anyway, I just randomly checked out this book from the Bethel Library called Wild Snow, which is all about awesome back-country skiing/snowboarding mountains in North America.  And wouldn't you know it? The book lists Mt. Shasta as the best mountain to ski down in North America.  Wow.  That's a bold statement.  Now, I'd hate to hike up to the top of the best mountain to ski down without bringing along a snowboard.  Will this future adventure feature a snowboard?  That's my big question these days.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great; I spent a couple days camping in near the nearby town of Weed; am I sucker or what? I could have been hiking that mountain!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home