Friday, March 17, 2006

Hearty Gratitude

We'd like to thank all of those kind folks that have been keeping us happy up here in the hinterland with magical boxes of goodies that randomly show up on our doorstep. Well, since the PO doesn't actually do home delivery here, that's not exactly accurate, but let's not let harsh reality spoil the imagery.

Anyway, thank you to Jane Joyner and Genevieve's mom Ann for the large box of Trader Joe's goodies. I know Genevieve is the pregnant one, but thanks to that box I've been bulking up as if I'm the one eating for too. Or two. And thanks for the idea for irish soda bread. We're having that and corned beef and cabbage to be true to Genevieve's heritage for St. Patty's Day. Being true to Genevieve's heritage in the more traditional way would be too harsh on our little raspberry. (Week 7 = size of raspberry.)












Thank you to Sam Schoeneman for the ultra fancy pants chocolate and stack of High Country News to get us pining for the good old days when we all comprised Team Utah. And of course, since the Trader Joe's Fudge Brownie Mix is fat free, we can eat them without any worries about bulking up.








And thank you to Tarifa Laddon (and Lewis by proxy), for the box of girly girl stuff that I couldn't possibly ever hope to know about or ever think of supplying Genevieve with. Seriously, Tarifa's got Genevieve figured out. My favorite item from her special delivery is the highly comedic, Don't Name Your Baby.... Esther is out. (Bad nickname potential -- Esther the Molester.) Paige is also out - "it means servant. Aim a little higher." (sorry Team Libby). Thanks also for the New Age Baby Name Book. Yes, you know we are hippies at heart.


This is a picture of Lewis and Tarifa in Brazil. Speaking of Brazilians, is it just me or does Tarifa have a sibling who is a sci-fi super hero?

Thanks to all of you! I'd write more, but there's fresh powder to tend to. Time to go Bravoing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roonie said...

What a small world! I was in Tarifa's bar review class. She's one of the most gorgeous women I've ever met (and I'm a straight girl)!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home