Thursday, March 09, 2006

Mountain Village

Mountain Village is so named because it is the first town you'll see with mountains nearby if you are headed up the Yukon river. Here's a picture of the mountain. It's not the biggest mountain you'll ever see, but what it lacks in grandeur it makes up for in dead bodies stored inside. The two large clearings are actually the town's two cemetaries. I guess they wanted the spirits to have a nice view.







We originally were going to stay at the Hilton in Mountain Village, but it was a bit out of our price range. Seriously. It costs $75/night per person. Of course it's free if you are associated with the Lower Yukon School District.








So we ended up staying at the clinic. It's amenities include a microwave to cook up breakfast, lunch and dinner, waiting room chairs to comfortably sit and read the AARP magazine from 2004, and examining room tables to sleep on. That's right, I forgot to bring a book. Just like last time when I also spent 8 hours reading the same AARP magazine. I know all about Katie Couric, a powerful woman newsleader turning 50, dealing with the death of her husband, raising two daughters who she wishes she was involved with.









This is the parking lot at the school.

























Here's a shot of the Post Office in Suelynn's honor.

1 Comments:

Blogger Damir Cosic said...

You have a blog and didn't tell me!? A serious offense! I've been thinking what's going on with you, and I can see that things are going on, indeed! Congratulations!!!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home