Spring Thaw


Finally, here in Bethel on cinco de may eve, the snow has started to make a hasty retreat. As recently as Sunday the ground was fully snow-covered. But we've had a week of very warm weather. Warm for us, anyway... yesterday the temperature got up to 50 degrees. It felt quite warm. For reals.


Here are some pictures. Mainly for Genevieve's benefit, as I'm sure she is missing Bethel, being in the big city and all. I'm pretty sure she's been busily mackin' on some cupcakes at Magnolia's. Baker's dozen. Cousin. (Incidentally, even though Lazy Sunday is no longer available for watching on youtube, some highly entertaining spin-offs are... this being the best. Tea, motherfucker.)
On a different note, my fellow Bethel fire fighter Mike Tunley has a pretty cool plan to buy these (when the government decides to upgrade to something new) and use them for a back-country ski operation out of Talkeetna, involving back-country huts. That is definitely a plan to get fired up about. In fact, I can't think of a more exciting dream plan. Apparently they get over 20 miles per gallon and can go 50-60 mph.
In my final bit of news, I got a chance to chat with Kevin Burke, friend and fellow adventurer currently practicing patent law in San Francisco. He's gave me a heads up on the documentary Loose Change. As I'm always a fan for a good conspiracy theory presentation, I found it highly entertaining. For those of you with high speed internet and slightly more than an hour of time to spare, I'd recommend it highly. If you are impatient or have slow internet, I'd suggest going to their website and perusing it. They raise a lot of interesting questions. Very interesting!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home