Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mega Photo Upload Blog

Well, super busy is the word!  Words, technically.  I went up to Emmonak for a very surprising trial.  I learned a lot.  And I brought home two very cool hats.  In the end, justice was done. 

Grammy Williams came up to our neck of the woods, which was a treat for us. And for Revel-roo. 


And the timing was perfect - K-300 time!  Bethel's claim to fame.  At least, positive fame.

Little Boo-da has been giggling and cooing a lot, which always livens up our days.  Here he is sleeping intently.


Here's the K-300 winner, Martin Buser, at the finish line.


And here's his 16 year old son Rohn, who came in 4th place.  Notice his extreme dog-mushing footwear.  Both of Martin's sons are named after checkpoints on the Iditarod trail.  His other son is NikolaiHere's a cool article about them.


The reporter asked if his feet were cold. 

"No.  I've got two pairs of socks on." 

Keep in mind, this is a 300+ mile race in sub-zero temperatures! 


John Little and his family make an amazing team.  His wife, and their son Salem were running around helping out.  He's 8 months old, and sort of Pax's soul-brother.  (Their names mean the same thing.  But Salem was also sort of named after Jeff King's Iditarod-winning lead dog.  )  Anyway, those guys are amazing!  Check out the story of Salem's birth.  At home, unassisted, in a log cabin!

Paxson and Salem meet:

Hanging with the hounds:


Post-racing treats (salmon slices):

Some dogs look a little more tired than others at the finish line.

And finally, the Kuskokwim-River mail-delivering hovercraft in action:


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Lots of memories! I'm so glad I got to be there. Mamacita

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home