The Latest
Given that this is the final day of a grueling work week, we don't have a lot of adventures to report. We do have some cool news, though. Thanks to the geneological research of Genevieve's mom, Ann, we found out, if you want to get technical, that Genevieve and I are a biracial couple. That's right. We're both part Native American. (Algonquin, Delaware, and Shoshone). I think since we're both part native that means we are a bi-biracial couple. And Genevieve is part French-Canadian. Very exciting. Kevin, Jodasm and I have been to Quebec and can verify that. That French-Canadian = exciting, I mean.
Other exciting news... my brother has officially applied to jobs in Alaska, both here in Bethel and in Anchorage. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but it's very exciting to think about.
And last night we watched Hustle and Flow. It's a pretty darn good movie. And it is not a comedy, but it had one line that kept us laughing for quite a while..."You Mormons are some brave motherfuckers."
We probably think that's so funny due to our Utah history, but I'm sure some of you can relate.
Genevieve changed the feng shui in our home sweet home, and it is now super awesome. We got some library books on feng shui. I'm not sure if I buy into the whole concept, but it's fun to think about anyway.
In the uplifting news department, I've been working on a brutal rape/assault trial all week. It's worse than you would probably imagine, and I'll leave it at that. But I don't mean worse in a judgmental way. Just in a 'whoa' way. But don't think about that. Think about pleasant things. Developing a caustic sense of humor works, too.



1 Comments:
I didn't think they let hippies play football . . .
I could probably find a more recent photo for you bro.
Keep your fingers crossed about the Alaska opportunities.
Post a Comment
<< Home