Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Sweet

This is Genevieve from MT and I was going to sit down and try to blog again, and it's already done for me! Yahoo! Nice work dover.

So that's the majority of the news from Montana. I can't believe it was Fox News with the story for Diebold. Geez....if Fox is saying it's bad, imagine how really bad it must be! Anyway, the Fire Burns campaign is quite enjoyable and is looking to be successful too. Pat and Bruce are currently in Billings for the debate tonight and then it's off to Great Falls on Friday. The race is beginning to turn nasty, but it's pretty cool to be getting some national attention for a Montana Senate race and at least truly having a chance to take down Burns.

Last night we attended a screening of Michael Franti's documentary, I Know I'm Not Alone. He takes his guitar and a message of peace to Iraq, Israel and Palestine. He knew most people wouldn't understand enough English to really understand his songs, so he made a special song for the movie, called Habibi and it basically goes, "habibi, habibi, habibi, habibi" (you get the idea). This was a huge hit across the boards and I enjoyed watching the reactions of people....Habibi is an Arabic word which means I love you and is used a term of endearment for very close friends or loved ones....we learned it during our stint in Morocco learning Arabic and you can frequently catch the word in Arabic songs. I did my best belly dancing moves to a Habibi song. And as an added bonus, after the screening they allowed 20 people to sign up on a list to get Will Call tickets for the show tonight...so even though it's been sold out for weeks, Sam and I will be headed to see the man himself, Michael Franti and Spearhead! This is especially important so as to not disappoint my brother Matty, Franti's biggest fan...

Other than that, Revel and I enjoyed all of the Montana Homecoming events this past weekend including bar hopping until 2 AM (in very crowded bars which truly feels a bit odd when you are 9 months pregnant), catching the Homecoming parade (a huge success with 164 entries), tail gating before the football game (free brats and beer...or make that Sprite for Revel and I), and sitting in the rowdy student section to watch the Grizzlies win the homecoming football game. We capped the evening off with country dancing at the Lumberjack Saloon for a true Montana evening. We've also taken a trip down the Bitterroot for dinner with Sasha and Andy and Sam's been treating us to some excellent pregnant pilates sessions. Plus, we've done our best to enjoy a decaf latte and a chocolate croissant from a French bakery on a daily basis...you have to really enjoy the little pleasures that aren't available in Bethel!

Looking forward to Dawson's arrival in Montana and then the big event can really happen anytime!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home