K300 Benefit Concert
Tonight we enjoyed a great evening of entertainment at the musical fundraising event for the K300. One cool thing about
I love Jacques Longpre's classic Bethel look... flannel shirt, carhart's, burly beard and bunny boots.
One person, “Frozen Chosen”, delivered an amazing reading of The Ballad of Hard Luck Henry from memory, as well as Rudyard Kipling’s “If”, which he qualified as relating to both genders. The reading was spectacular given his authentic bush accent and delivery.
Ron Kaiser sang a mysterious song about being on a chicken train and not getting off. He also sang the classic I'm going to miss her song about loving to fish.
Andy Angstman, one of the mushers in the race and the son of one of the most prominent attorneys in the bush, gave a nice performance of The Gambler. We even caught a little snippet of it for your viewing pleasure.
And finally, the night was capped off with some energetic bluegrass by Jesse, a bush pilot, Paul Basil and Katey, the only song I recognized being “More Pretty Girls Than One,” but all of which were tremendous crowd pleasers. Incidentally, I like to think of Jesse as Bethel Jamie Earle, because he looks much like our



1 Comments:
Genevieve: Surely you were performing on your penny whistle. What did you play?
Post a Comment
<< Home